Wednesday 31 December 2014

Trip to Paris

We had planned to visit Paris in Christmas, from past 2 months.I was looking forward to see the Eiffel Tower.I also wanted eat in some Indian restaurants. My sister wanted to visit Louvre and my mom wanted to see the parks she told she had read about in the novels she read. My father had seen Paris several times and he wanted to see Christmas market.
           But what we all did not expect was the amount of cold we were going to experience !! It was 0 degree Celsius on 24th December when we went to Paris. And it went down up to -8 degrees over the 5 days that we stayed there. 
           We checked into Citadines hotel at La Defense. La Defense is the new part of Paris. It has many modern sky scrapers and a grande arche. From the grand arche, we can see Champs Elysees and Arc De Triomphe all in 1 straight line. It was a very beautiful view in the nights and equally beautiful in the mornings !! Christmas market was setup in La Defense and we saw them in the evening of 24th December. All shops were very colourful.
          The next day on 25th, we went to Disney Land (it's a place where you can play games). First we played on a ride which turns 360 degrees. Next we saw the sleeping beauty castle. Then we went to the haunted house but it was not so scary, because they made us sit in small cars and made us see skeletons instead of doing something to scare us. We also went to a pirates ride which was good. We went to several such adventure rides. In the evening, there was a Christmas parade by all Disney characters. It was the best part of the day - all disney characters came in the chariots and danced to very nice songs. Their costumes, the lighting, their dress up, everything was beautiful.
        The next day, the 26th,  we went to the Louvre Museum. I had never seen such big museum like Louvre before. There were extremely nice paintings there. We saw the Mona Lisa. Then we went to the giant wheel outside. We could see the Eiffel Tower, the Champs Elysees, the Arc De Triomphe everything from the top. 
           The next day, the 27th, we went to the Eiffel Tower and a boat cruise. We went past many bridges and also saw many famous building on each side of the river. After the cruise, we went to a famous Indian restaurant called Sarvana Bhavan for lunch. I loved the food there and ordered more than two times! Later we visited the Galleries La Fayette and then we went back to the hotel. 
     The next day, the 28th, we went to Notre Dame Cathedral. It was very cold there and had huge crowds. The church was very tall and very big. My mom was telling that there is a very great novel written by Victor Hugo that happens around Notre Dame. Though the bell tower was free for me to enter, I could not go as it was very cold outside and there were huge crowds. 

29th, we headed home. I loved the trip.. the city was very beautiful - if only there was little more sun, I would have enjoyed even more ..

5 comments:

  1. Surely you were too busy to get cold? What a lot of things you managed to fit in. Paris is full of amazing things but I have yet to visit Disneyland Paris. I am glad you had a great time. Thank you for finding time to share it with us. Happy New Year to you and your family Samyak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to Paris four times and visited the important places. I liked them all. It is a very interesting city indeed to visit any time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thank you Samyak for sharing this with us! I get the feeling that going for the Indian meal was one of the high points!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I had my favorite meal there.

      Delete