Sunday 18 January 2015

11

11 is my NUMBER   -  11 is the 5th Prime number                                                                                       

The results in an 11 times table, if you add the digits, you get a 2 times table:

11 x 1 = 11 = 1 + 1 = 2
11 x 2 = 22 = 2 + 2 = 4
11 x 3 = 33 = 3 + 3 = 6

11 multiplied by a single digit number, the answer is two digits of the same number à 11 x 3 = 33. 11 x 5 = 55.



Apollo 11 was the first manned spacecraft which landed on the moon.


There are 11 players in a soccer team and a cricket team.















Oranges mostly have 11 segments.

In our mother tongue Tamil, Aaru means Six and Anju means Five. Six + Five 6+5 = 11.  So, when we call Orange in Tamil, we say Aaru-Anju together as Aaranju, means 11 segments.  Check the orange at your home today.

This is how you write 11 in Roman numerals:                   XI

3 comments:

  1. I've opened so many oranges and I don't remember counting the segments!

    I've just done it, and - - - drum roll - - - there are eleven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I'd broken it into almost-halves of five and six!

      Delete
  2. Yes Mr.Gregg, My dad told it is 11 most of the times. I checked 3 oranges. 2 them having 11 segments, except a juice orange had 10.

    ReplyDelete