Monday 27 April 2015

Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve, India

With our new topic of airports, we're thinking about places in the world we'd like to go to.
source
There are lots of places in the world I'd like visit. But here's one I found out about a few days ago.

It's one of the national parks for tigers set up in India, where you can go and see them. There is less and less space for tigers to live in - and less and less tigers too, so these parks are very important!



Apparently, there are also 10th-century shrines and hand-carved  caves within tropical forests, steep rocky hills and valleys. I've read that it's one of India's most beautiful parks. I really like wild places, so it sounds fascinating to me!
source
As I've never been to India, visiting here would give me the chance to visit other places too!

I've now learnt, from Cristina, how to get a map of my flights to India, using the Great Circle Mapper site:
That's Toulouse (Blagnac) to Frankfurt and then to Delhi

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Well done Year 4. I have really enjoyed reading about the places in the world that you would like to go to. Perhaps we should organise a really amazing school trip to one of these places! Put me on the list first! Mr Podbury - Secondary School Geography teacher. PS - I love the circle mapper tool too. I've never seen it before. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete