Friday 16 January 2015

Leopard

I am a carnivore,
Everyone is scared of me.
I am lonely here,
I see the long, green creepers,
Swinging from side to side.
I focus onto my prey.
I get closer and closer…
Slowly sneaking up,
And I pounce onto my prey!
I hear the leaves rustling.
Oh no!
Here comes the rain!
I’ve got to join my family,
When I arrive,
I tell my kids stories of my childhood.
Meanwhile my wife happily eats.
“When I was younger,
I was a fast sprinter,
It was a hot and happy rainforest,
With nice, green vegetation…
Until those horrible humans arrived.”
Night time approaches:
Time to go hunting.
Maybe with luck,
Those humans will stop polluting the planet.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely poem, Gracia! I especially like that part in the middle where you talk to your kids. And the last two lines.

    ReplyDelete